New Resident Information
Welcome to Tuscola!
We are so glad you have decided to make Tuscola your home! On this website, we have attempted to provide the information that you need to familiarize yourself with your new city. However, if you have any further questions, please contact City Hall at 217-253-2112 and we will try to help.
Listed here you will find information to help you get started!
Utilities within the City of Tuscola
- The City of Tuscola provides water and sewer services for all locations within the city limits and some areas outside the city limits. The application above, along with photo identification, is required to apply for service. The City also bills for garbage service on the monthly water and sewer bill. A deposit may be required prior to service being connected.
- Ameren Illinois is the single provider of residential gas and electric distribution within the City of Tuscola.
Ameren Illinois Residential- 1-800-755-5000
Ameren Illinois Business- 1-800-232-2477
- Frontier Communications is the provider of land line telephone services within the City of Tuscola
- MediaCom is the provider of cable TV service within the City of Tuscola
All other utilities, including satellite TV, internet and cellular phone service, are available to be used at the discretion of the consumer. The City of Tuscola makes no recommendations concerning other service providers that are available for these and other residential services.
Installation of antennas, satellite dish pole mounts and other devices must not be on public right of way and must be in accordance with City of Tuscola ordinances. Please visit the Building Department page for information to apply for an accessory structure permit to install a mount.
For Your Convenience - Ways to Pay Your Water & Sewer Bill
- Mail payment to: City of Tuscola Water Department, 214 N Main St, Tuscola IL 61953.
- Tuscola City Hall - Water & Sewer Department 214 N Main St.
Open 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (Excluding holidays)
- Place your payment in the grey drop box outside of City Hall Main Entrance.
- Pay on mobile device or online at: www.tuscola.org/pay-bill Payment Service Network (PSN) is our third-party payment processor.
You do not have to pay online to view your bills on line. You can also opt out of paper bills to help save resources. An email notice is sent when your bills are ready.
- Payments are accepted from the 22nd through the 10th of the next month of the new billing cycle at any of the Tuscola Banks.
- Direct Pay – The easiest and most worry free option. Payment is automatically taken out of your bank account by the City of Tuscola. Ask us about it and sign up today by completing a Direct Pay Authorization Form.
Garbage Service Information- Waste Management
In order to provide garbage service to residents at a discounted rate, and to provide consistent services, the City of Tuscola contracts with an outside disposal firm for all City of Tuscola residential waste disposal. Currently, the firm who holds the contract is Waste Management. The monthly fee of $15.50 is added to the residential water and sewer bill, and then all monthly collections are remitted in whole to Waste Management by the City of Tuscola. Residents are required to participate in garbage disposal services. Those residences OUTSIDE the corporate limits of the City of Tuscola are not required to use Waste Management and do not pay garbage services on their water and sewer bills. Those non-residents must deal directly with their chosen garbage service provider.
Waste Management – CHARLESTON – F5
6111 W STATE STREET
CHARLESTON, IL 61920
Customer Service - 800-964-8988
GARBAGE COLLECTON GUIDELINES
- All garbage must be bagged and placed in a garbage tote. Totes are provided by Waste Management at no charge. Contact Waste Management at 800-964-8988 to request a tote.
- Place garbage bags and containers curbside by 6:00 a.m. on your collection day (Wednesday)
- Due to government regulations, items that cannot be accepted are: tires, paint, auto parts, animals, appliances containing cfc’s, hazardous waste
GARBAGE SERVICE HOLIDAYS
Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New
If your collection day falls on a holiday, garbage collection will be the next day. If your
collection day falls after the holiday, please put out your trash on the regular day, but
note that pick-up may be delayed one day.
Waste Management offers curbside recycling to residents located in the City limits of Tuscola. Call Waste Management at 800-964-8988 for more information and to request a recycle tote. There is no additional fee for the recycling program or the recycling tote for City residents with garbage service.
For disposal of large garbage items such as furniture, please visit Tuscola Home Center at 407 E Southline Road to purchase a special waste tag. Affix the tag to the item and set it out with your normal garbage container on pickup day.
Bryant's Recycling is located west of town and accepts metal and other items for recycling. For information, please contact Bryant's directly at 217-253-2477
ALWAYS, call JULIE before you dig! 1-800-892-0123