City of Tuscola Employment
Employment with the City of Tuscola
The City of Tuscola employs 26 full-time employees, along with several part-time employees. During the summer months an additional 25-30 employees are added to operate the swimming pool and assist in other departments as needed. Applications for employment are accepted at any time and are kept on file to be reviewed in the event a job opening is posted. Applications, with or without resume, may be submitted to email@example.com or in person at 214 N Main ST.
For Employment Inquiries, Contact City Hall
Tuscola City Hall
214 N Main ST
Tuscola, IL 61953
Office Phone: 217-253-2112
Positions Currently Accepting Applications
Police Patrol Officer-Full-Time
- The City of Tuscola Police Department is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of full-time patrol officer. This law enforcement position involves duties that will include vehicle and/or bicycle patrol, traffic enforcement, criminal investigations, community relations, and local ordinance enforcement. Successful applicants will possess knowledge and experience in the law enforcement field. Associates Degree in criminal justice, law enforcement or related field preferred. Valid driver’s license and high school degree or equivalent required. Must be at least 21 years of age. Successful completion of Police Training Institute required upon hiring, with preference given to those already certified. Starting hourly wage dependent upon qualifications and experience. EOE. Applications (link above) should be submitted with resume and references to: Tuscola City Administrator, 214 N. Main Street, Tuscola, IL 61953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Records Clerk -Full-Time
- The City of Tuscola will be seeking to replace a retiring administrative employee in 2023. In anticipation of that retirement, we are seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Records Clerk within the next 6 months. The Administrative Records Clerk is a position that works in concert with the rest of the administrative team at City Hall and is primarily responsible for maintaining city records, acting as deputy city clerk, accounts payable, water department records and customer service, city government customer service and general reception duties. The ideal candidate will be a team player with exceptional customer service skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a resident of the City of Tuscola and be eligible for Deputy City Clerk designation.
- The City of Tuscola offers a comprehensive benefits package including IMRF retirement; health, dental, vision insurance; disability and life insurance; and a generous time off package. Starting hourly wage dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Individuals interested in this future position may submit an application and resume. Applications submitted within the prior year are still on file and will be considered for this position. Updates to those previously submitted applications or information about a former applicant’s interest in this position can be emailed to email@example.com for consideration. EOE.
- Position Description: Records Clerk 2023.pdf
The City of Tuscola complies with applicable employment laws and is an equal opportunity employer